Friday, March 11, 2005

Race season has started....
4th, and an 8th to my name so far...
The road race were I was most active and felt the best, and where I should have placed I finished in the pack behind a last lap break away of 10 riders.... though constant attacking we got a rider in it...should have been me....but that’s what team work is all about...some times it just doesn’t work out the way you expect and that’s ok... we took 3ed which is pretty good.
What was actually better was the fact that we were in every break... so there was no way we could have missed it...we rode really aggressive... especially considering some of my team mates early season form isn't quite up to par.
After the race though I wasn't feeling good...I was starting to get a cold earlier that week...just about avoided it I thought. but the effort brought it back.... I woke up Sunday feeling bad...but still did the TT, (not smart)...so this week I've been nursing a cold. I can feel myself getting over it but still have a runny nose and stuffed up head etc...

two road races this weekend...a good way to get used to stage races..you have to be able to race even when you are tired....be smart and make the efforts count.

No comments: