Monday, September 19, 2005

Last Stage Race

Well it didn't rain this year.... and I guess I can't complain about the heat.... The first stage went Ok, the TT was lengthened from 10 to 15 miles on Friday...sweet... i went as hard as I could, the only problem is that it's too slow........ well I just proved to my self exactly how fast I am... 14th....... stage 2 was a criterium... new course, and by far the easiest ever...Completely flat and very smooth pavement, only two corners, that you could pedal through. I attacked on the first lap, it was just going to slow and I wanted to get it started. Mid race I bridged up to a 3man break, it was now represented by the four biggest teams....this has surly got to work... somehow it came back two laps later........ ended up back trying to lead our sprinter out for the finish... put in a good 3/4 lap pull at 30mph until about 1/2 lap to go, and then had to struggle to get back on the back not to lose any time... our sprinter got cut of in the last corner by two riders cutting the inside...just missed top 10 after being on the eventual winners wheel up until then....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.