Friday, June 16, 2006

Summer in England

Farnham

The day after Mt Hood I was of to England.
It took a week to recover from the last few weeks of racing and get over the cold I had at MT Hood, and it got worse before it got better....

I've been riding everyday, mostly easy rides, to get me back into the swing, of things. The first few days I really had the heavy leg feeling, I struggled on all the rollers.
After a week of easy riding, 30-40 miles a time, I took a day of compleatly. The next day I was really supprised how good I felt, my body had clealy needed some rest to recover and get over the final cold.
I went for a 40 mile rolling ride, pushing hard the entire time...it felt good, I had some acceleration and I could keep the speed up over the rollers and small hills....it felt great.

I've been working second shift the entire time so far, so no mid week racing, wich was actually probably good for me. Next week though I've manged to switch...Tuseday I'm of to Goodwood, and hopefully race Sean Yates...I'm already looking forward to it. Wednesday a local crit series.... too bad I can't find a good road race, it looks like they suffer from the same thing we do back in Seattle...Crit summer. Well there is a 5 day stage race that starts friday...maybe if I could sneak into that...I could probably do the friday TT, and then race both saturday and Sunday, before simply skipping the last two stages.
Well back to work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Glad to hear you've recovered...finally. Is that the surrey league 5 day next week?? that's a good stage race, I was trying to talk Jason into going to that.
Good Luck in Goodwood, and see you in Redmond.