Sunday, October 08, 2006

Crosstober fest

Since Sundays race was only literally 2 miles from home, I had to go.
The cross course at St Edwards was a bit mountain bikeish... which at full speed turned out to be bit more technical then I could handle right now. A few years ago when I first raced cross, I had just come from mtb racing and the more technical courses were easily my strength... well not now...maybe I'm finally a roadie..
I lined up at the back so I wouldn't get in the way too much..and hopefully if capable work my way up. Well at least I was consistent... I pretty much stayed in the back the entire race...well I probably passed 6-7 people, that’s it.
It was really my first "hard" ride since the Bremerton crit early September... and I could definitely feel it.
After the race the sun finally came out, nice. I stuck around too watch the team relay race. The WOW team had an interesting costume... a shower!! (apparently a few corners were a bit hard to see).

No comments: