Tuesday, March 02, 2010

First race of 2010

My first race of 2010 was a TT.
It's been since July 2008 since I did a TT. Last year with a baby(limiting stage races) and a broken elbow, they somehow did not happen.
I also got a new TT bike this year, and hopefully it will last for a while unless it suddenly becomes illegal.
Having to sell my old frame before i got the new, as well as putting it together meant that i didn't get it built until late the night before, and even then i had to adjust the brakes the morning of.
My first ride on the bike ever, was on the trainer warming up for the event.
I even just eyeballed the seat position... not the best thing to do.
Happily though nothing went wrong with the bike during the race.

I had no speed or power and went just on feel. I was pretty happy with my effort, and nothing really hurt that much that shouldn't.
My time wasn't the best, not due to lack of power I think but more aerodynamics.
I sit a bit too high and my arms are to far apart.
The picture below hopefully will show the effect of lowering the front by about an inch..greatly reducing my frontal area...

No comments: