Sunday, April 09, 2006

oh well

oh my god my legs are tired...what did I do....and I will not repeat my mistake.
I was actually feeling ok before the race on Saturday... but then on lap one I just imploded....couldn't believe that I could feel this bad so early in...
I really though I was going to get dropped, and quitting crossed my mind several times... what is the point if I feel this bad with 65 miles to go?...
But I've never quit a race..and I couldn't start now.
I decided to race more consevative, and hung in there. I was actually starting to feel better a few laps later, but I still had no acceleration at all.
Half way through the second to last lap a spoke in my back wheel broke and I came to a skidding stop as the wheel seized up... If I had been feeling great, or been in the lead group I would have been upset, but as it was.. oh well.
The problem was that I was stuck out in nowhere, 6 miles from the parking lot, a long walk in bike shoes...so there I was for an hour before I got a ride back...and I was starting to get really cold.... oh well, next week is what counts.

No comments: