Wednesday, May 16, 2007

PIR

With my transfer down to Renton for work, into the 787 certification and flight test group, I was already halfway to PIR…so why not. It would also allow me to miss the traffic jam on 405 going home.
After the last few races I had never quite recovered from my cold and tired legs, so I skipped last weekends activities over in Wenatchee…and instead took 3 days completely of the bike, followed by two easy recovery ride days. I finally did some hard efforts Saturday, and actually didn’t feel half bad. Monday night I did some climbing but Tuesday would be the first real hard efforts. The weather was perfect, actually record high temperatures in Seattle, but by 7pm it was nice.
The race it self went ok, Nathan got of early, and after trying to latch on or chase down any bridge attempts (which I could only cover half)…before you know it though a few more bridged up, and a 3-4 man chase group was half way across. Half way though the race I bridged up to O’Donnell and we then spent the next 30min in the middle somewhere, trying to catch up and hold of the pack at the same time. It was a good hard workout; with some sustained efforts…
At the best news was that I didn’t break any spokes in my rear wheel… so hopefully it will hold up during Enumclaw.

I didn't see much on the Prudog vs. PStache battle.... but I think I saw Prudog at the back...............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pacific Raceways = PR. PIR = Portland Internation Raceway.

Cobbles and Frites said...

also... PIR - PO (Previous Ownership) = PR (Pacific Raceways)

PR + PIR = A whole lotta drivin' for practice racing.