Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My plan

My goal of wearing my self out is working to perfection…ahh, what beauty when a well executed plan comes together. I’ve just about done every race this season, with the knowledge that I would be gone for the entire month of June. The plan was to race hard all spring, finish it all of with hopefully surviving Mt Hood and then of to England for a month of work, and easy rides through the county side.
This year I have been a lot better of resting during the week and therefore doing better on the weekends, when it really counts. The last two weeks though have been hard. Wenatchee, yeah that climb is a bit too long for me, Enumclaw…well I should have done better there…but after being 29th after the first two stages there was no point of being conservative and finish maybe in the low 20’s… no I threw caution to the wind and tried to bridge up to a three man break up the road. The fellow bridging rider and I never made it, we got close , but then suddenly as we came around corner they were gone…strange!
We got caught 1/3 the way up the climb, It took everything I had to hang on…but that was all my matches as they say. Next lap as soon as the road was thinking about going up I was of..just like that. I hung in there and finally after riding the reminder of the race solo finished 7min or so behind the main group..
The three man break we nearly caught was joined by another three and stayed away… oh well…maybe next time.
So back to my original plan… SIR and Seward this week…I still have something left in those legs.

No comments: