Friday, May 05, 2006

Track

Track racing… I don’t know about that.. I like freewheeling too much.
Since I live pretty close the velodrome I thought I might give it a try this year. Not that I really need something else fill up my time with, but I thought it might be a good rest day activity. Now I’m pretty sure I’ll find out really quick that there is plenty of very high intensity followed by a lot of sitting around.
Anyway, I took the required track class a few years ago, and haven’t been on a track bike since. The last two Thursdays, in avoiding Seward park, and what I know will be too much intensity before the weekend I have been going to the beginners track training session. I hard part I noticed right away isn’t going fast, but slowing down… Once I’ve done my sprint of closed the gap to the rider in front, the hard part is not overrunning them, everything has to be planned ahead.. hopefully this won’t cause to many issues.
I don’t know when I will actually get out there and race…maybe once before I head of to England for June, otherwise I will have to wait all the way to July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HIGHLY recommend getting a race under your belt - they are super fun. I'll probably head out to the track 5/26 for the last preseason racing - and would be more than happy to explain things if you want.... it can be overwhelming at first.

How'd Elma go?

Anonymous said...

Track racing is amazing - you have to try it. I started a month ago and love it!