Friday, May 26, 2006

Panic City

Work has been panic the last few days... getting ready for a wind tunnel test is a nightmare, especially the last few days before.
Plus it dosn't help that I'm of to Moab in a few hours, then when I get back, one day of work before MT Hood. The day after Hood I'm of to England for a month...maybe then it will settle down a bit...it better.
I raced SIR this week.(I still call it SIR although it has now changed names to PIR...but to me that is Portland).. My leggs were tired..but I wanted to have a go anyway. It was a small pack, how many times have I said that this year?
Nathan was agressive early, as well as Hone, but that is normal. At the end I managed to roll of the front break and hold on for the win, thats been a while and it felt good. To tell the truth, I might have "rolled" of, but after that there wasn't much rolling involved. It was a perfect situation were nathan was back in the break and everybody was looking at each other way too long... I was pretty sure nathan could beat them all pretty easy going up the slight hill for the finish...so this way we got 1st and 2nd.
I had planned to race Seward this week also, but as Kele and I opened the garage to leave it was raining hard...neither of us felt like spending the evening wet and cold...and to tell the truch we had way too much to do.
It's still hard to let go, you have this nagging feling that you are missing something good...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chad N and I are still in looking for rides to hood. Can you or Nathan help? Thanks and I don't have either of your emails.

Morgan Schmitt
mo_cheddar@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Chad N and I are still in looking for rides to hood. Can either you or Nathan help? Thanks and I don't have either of you guys' emails.

Anonymous said...

It was a good win Mr Murdin. I know I sat at the front thinking "if I chase Nathan is going to cream me in the sprint".

Anonymous said...

It was a great win Michael. Nathan had you covered... good move.

Anonymous said...

PIR = Portland International Raceway
SIR (was) Seattle International Raceway
PR = Pacific Raceways (was SIR)

So - they are still a little different...