Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tired legs

Legs are strange…what is up with them being so tired and sluggish…with the rest of me still feeling ok.
Ever since the State TT and the road race the following day in the 105’F+ heat…I’ve been really hurting.
Any effort more then a 20-30 seconds causes pain/fatigue that shouldn’t be there before at least 7-8-9 minute repeated full efforts. Strange how one day I feel fine and then the next..
All this should obviously conclude me to rest, really rest… but it’s hard to … there is always a little race to do… Seward..”ah, it’s just Seward…I’ll sit in most of the time”—yeah that never happens… sitting in is a waist of time and just boring. Or the LWV Circuits races … “they are short and flat…no problem”.. well that isn’t always true…but if they are, they are fast instead.
This weekend I did the new Gig Harbour race.. I can only remember one other race when I lined up with such heavy and tired legs, and that was day 5 in a stage race, after weeks of hard racing…
I managed ok, but I had hardly any acceleration and really suffered the multiple times up the short climb.
Between the climbs I did ok, but felt like I had bags of sand tied to my legs every time I tried to surge or close a gap.
Well now it’s time to recover.. after track last night, where I also was really sluggish, but managed to win a few races and move up to Wednesdays (track goal completed)..I can afford, and need some rest before the two races this weekend. The final circuit race on Saturday, should be a good opener for the State team time trial on Sunday…
I feel like going out and riding hard…there is still plenty to train for… but even though my mind is ready I have to pay attention to my body… can’t have one lagging behind..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your training is too heavy in the middle of competions.