Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Blowing drag

I haven’t updated this for a while… I can blame work for that one…
I’ve been spending all my time trying to calculate the drag caused by Jet impingement on the flaps of the 747-8. It’s been to the point where I nearly start dreaming about it… and I promise you I have plenty more desirable dreams then that.
There has been some racing the last few weeks. First there was Independence valley. Some good news and some bad news.

Bad/Good


Garage missed the break
Garage has an organized chase

Chris gets of the front
Chris misses the turn.

Rain
It’s warm

Nathan and I make the 5 man the spilt
Over the climb
We get caught by 8 riders

My 3man break gets caught
Nathan counters and gets away with 2 others

I crash
I get a new wheel and but I'm mostly ok

My carbon wheel is toast
No good news here………

Nathan gets dropped from his break on the last climb
Chris is in the chase that catches him

More rain
Chris takes 4th in the sprint( and 8th)
Nathan ends up 11th and I 13th



The following day I have to help put on the race in Sequim.. so no more racing… which maybe was good since I had a sore knee from the crash.. but I still wanted to race.

Did I mention I was busy with the “Blowing drag” at work……….damm


Last weekend we had the North shore Circuit race in Bellingham.
Turnout was a bit low… but still plenty of good riders. The highlights are of course Nathan second place and the fact that he got into the main break, and the rest of us could sit back and watch HB try to bring it back. The climbs were short, but chasing and making it over turned out to be a bit hard, as most of the HB riders were gone after 2-3 laps… and after that there was no organized chase at all. By the end the “pack” was down to 12 riders, 4 of them from my team. On the final lap, Lange and I got away on the backside climb, and was quickly joined by Tubbs a few minuets later. I lost the uphill sprint to Lange for 4th…and it still annoys me… Robert took the pack sprint for 7th in his first 1-2 race and Chris 8th…. Not bad for once.


Sunday it was back to helping out a Sequim… were Tom took of solo and stayed away the entire race.


And now back to the Blowing drag………….

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.