Monday, April 09, 2007

Weekend

Even though I actually raced once at Boat Street (Master A, which I only do now and then, because I don’t like giving my age away to all the young “kids” in the 1-2’s) I still feel like bit of a wuss for not racing the late race at Boat Street. Ok, so it did start raining during the 3’s, and yes people did crash. But…still I feel a bit annoyed with myself and a bit guilty… I didn’t even stick around to see it…instead I rode the 14miles home in the rain.

I’ve been riding pretty hard all week, so this week I will cut down the volume and keep some high intensity…and maybe, just maybe I’ll be ready for TST. All I can do is prepare the best I can, and hope it all works out. Sometimes races go great when you are feeling bad and some times they go terrible when you are feel like an all-star, so you never know.

During Saturdays ride, I came upon a middle age woman walking her bike along SR900, she had a serious flat with a 1” long screw firmly imbedded into her tire, no spares, pump or tool…+ even if she did it was pretty apparent she wouldn’t have known how to fix a flat. Since I know how much it sucks walking your bike for miles I stopped, patched here tire, fixed her flat and gave her a quick lesson how to…
I had to use a nice long valve tube that I had bought especially for my deep Rolf wheels…oh well …
Turns out that on Sunday with my winings for the race, it included one long valve tube to replace the one I gave up, and one extra for Karma… sweet….

No comments: