Monday, November 14, 2005

November........

The weekend comes and goes so quick. Kele left Saturday morning to race some track in Vancouver (Canada).. The track they have up there although small and has a very bumpy wooden tack is inside…which is very nice for this part of the country. I’ve been thinking about racing track next summer… but I’m not sure I can spin my legs fast enough. Every time I go the track here in Seattle I’m amazed how fast and slow it seams at the same time. Accelerations are so much slower that on the road…sprints and finishes seams to go slow one rider relative to the other, but the actual speed , and to everyone watching screaming fast. This one gear only thing…. Hm, I don’t know… and in reality it’s not just one gear, there is a whole science in picking the right gear for the race…
Maybe next year…………..
I stayed home and prepared for a wet weekend…
Saturday tuned out to be nice, some wet road but no rain really… We did the usual loop, I ended up with the standard 87miles, not too bad… but I did end up going a bit hard at times. I’ve always justified going hard this time of year as being ok if it only happens once a week or so, and only for a few minuets at a time. And since I wasn’t racing cross this weekend I had a bit more energy to spend… but to tell the truth… it wore me out bad… thank god I got to stop for coffee, an Italian sub and my favorite a cream cheese brownie before I rode the last hour home… This has turned into my regular meal on Saturday at the end of my ride, so much so that I just have to walk into the coffee shop and they know what I want…
Sunday I got to ride 3hours in the rain… well as I was just about getting home the sun came out… oh well that was plenty for this time of the year…no reason to push it yet!!!.

This nest week and a half I will be of my bike completely…which actually might be good for me… There are certain things that are much more important then training and racing… I’m going home for a family funeral…My grand father past away last week. It was some hard news to hear.. and being so far away didn’t do anything to help. My grandfather was always a source of motivation…a tough guy, strong and a hard worker… definitely had to work a lot harder and struggle more than I will probably ever realize. He probably had to walk barefoot though the snow uphill to get to work in the woods…14hours a day…
I will miss him.

No comments: