Friday, November 04, 2005

Trail riding

Last night we did our now customary computrainer ride at the computrainer "factory"..
I get home from work and have a cup of coffee and some toast to get me though the evening...well I had some cereal and a banana as well,but who's counting.
It had been raining hard all day, but I got very lucky as the rain stopped just in time...and I missed it completely. It's about a 40min ride there...unless in my case where I ended up with a rider right on my wheel. Now this shouldn't make me go any harder, and it wasn't that I was trying to "compete" with this guy on a dark trail with wet leaves, fallen branches and pot holes... no it was something else...
He got right up on me...only a few feet back... it was actually pretty good, his headlight added to mine and helped light up the trail. The problem was that his speed was too much like mine... I guess he didn't want to pass me... since there was no real point if we were going about the same speed...I didn't want to slow down just for him to get around me, but on the other hand I didn't want to be in the way. So I just went hard the entire time... probably a bit harder then I should. ad I felt compelled to keep going this speed... it's like being in a pace line... you don't let a gap open in front of you.. it's your responsibility to keep the pace...
finally as I arrived to my destination I get to pull of (with a good reason)... nice... Of course now I had an 1h workout on the trainer to do...hmm...and then back home... maybe I should have just faked a flat....

No comments: